How it works: I answer Shannon's 11 questions, then pass the torch on (along with my own questions) to 11 other great bloggers who have fewer than 300 followers. Read on to learn more about me and my blog! :)
1. Has your vision for your blog changed since you started it?
Not really; I started my blog as a way for me to post info about animals in need, and that is still my main goal. However, I do think my vision has expanded - I'm looking into posting more general info about pets rather than just focusing on rescue.
2. What have you learned from other bloggers since starting your blog adventure?
A LOT!!! The BlogPaws community has been extremely helpful, offering kind words and useful suggestions all along the way. Through other bloggers, I have learned the importance of networking and commenting on other blogs, as well as tips on posts and layouts. Honestly, I have learned much more than I can sum up in words here.
3. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
I want to help animals find forever homes. That is my main goal, and I have been posting both stories about animals up for adoption as well as happy stories about rescuing - I hope that people are more inspired to rescue their pet after reading my blog.
4. Do you feel you are able to coexist with other bloggers even if they might express opinions that are different from yours?
Absolutely. All of the pet bloggers I have come across have one thing in common - a love for animals - and that is the only thing I really need to know. There are so many differing opinions out there that it seems counterproductive and close-minded to refuse to acknowledge other bloggers if they see things differently than you do. There is so much nastiness on the Internet these days, so I like to try to get along with my fellow bloggers.
5. What is your favorite blog (other than your own) and why?
Yikes! This is a tough one. There are so many. In terms of pet bloggers, I love Lessons From a Paralyzed Dog for the inspiring posts about special-needs pets, Fidose of Reality for the many useful articles, Irresistible Pets for the fun mixture of animals and DIY, and This Pug Life for the hilarious anecdotes and sweet photos.
Some new pet blogs I have only recently come across and added to my favorites are: It's Dog or Nothing, Let's Go Dog, Oh Melvin, and, of course, Walks With Rama. I definitely encourage you to check these blogs out - they're great! (There are many more I read and love; I just thought I had gone on for long enough!)
I also read many other different types of blogs - humor, fashion, DIY, home decor, book reviews - and some of my favorites are: Amalah and The Bloggess for lifestyle/humor, Penny Pincher Fashion and Bows & Sequins for affordable fashion, 7th House on the Left and Gorgeous Shiny Things for DIY/home decor, Tina Says... for book reviews, Always With Yoo for gorgeous photos and lifestyle (she also has an adorable senior cocker spaniel!), and Our Nerd Home for pure geeky awesomeness!
Sorry about the novel there :) I also have my own personal blog - Happy Little Birds - if you'd like to check it out.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
It's no secret I love my small town. Big cities are definitely not for me, and I guess I would continue to live in Iowa - I know that's a super boring answer :)
7. If you could drop everything right now and do anything you wanted, what would you do?
Hmm. I guess that at this moment, I'm already doing exactly what I want to be doing - a mixture of reading, writing, and hanging out with my dog and husband. :) Those are my favorite things to do. However, if I could do anything, with no thought to cost or consequence, I would: 1. Adopt a cat (my husband is allergic); 2. Adopt another senior dog (my Riley is very territorial); 3. Travel.
8. What is your favorite animal?
Really, I love all animals. I am a huge dog and cat lover, and I honestly couldn't say which I prefer. I can, though, definitely tell you that my favorite exotic animal is a seal :)
9. What are your passions in life?
Animal rescue. Writing (though it's been tough lately). I wish I had more passions, but those are the only big ones right now.
10. Which do you prefer - rainy days or sunny days?
Rainy/stormy days. Sunny days are nice and cheerful, but I really love a rainy day when I can just curl up inside with a book and listen to the storm.
11. Which do you prefer - city or country life?
Country life would definitely be preferable to a city for me, but I would prefer a small town/suburb.
Here are the official rules for accepting the Liebster award:
- Nominee posts award on their blog
- Nominee links back to nominator's blog and thanks them
- Nominee answers 11 questions asked of them
- Nominee then nominates 11 blogs they like with less than 300 followers and notifies them
- Nominee gives their nominees 11 new questions to answer
Here are the blogs I nominate! A few of these may have more than 300 followers; I'm a bit of a blogging n00b, so don't be offended if you have a large following and I just didn't realize :) I encourage everyone to check these blogs out - they are all wonderful!
And here are your questions:
1. What made you decide to start your blog?
2. Do you have a pet?
3. What's your #1 way to curb writer's block?
4. What is your favorite book and why?
5. If you had boatloads of money...what is the first thing you'd do with it?
6. What are your blogging goals?
7. Name a couple of your favorite blogs.
8. Is there a celebrity you just cannot stand? If so, who?
9. If you were given a weekend all to yourself, no distractions, no interruptions...what would you do with your free time?
10. Have you ever went on a "blogging break" or given your blog up for a while? If so, what made you decide to start blogging again?
11. What is your favorite dessert item?
Thanks again to Shannon for my Liebster Award! I am SO looking forward to learning more about my fellow bloggers. Spread the love!
I also want to thank Dolly the Doxie and the ASPCA for hosting such a great giveaway! I won this T-shirt, bracelet, and tote bag, along with a magazine, magnet, and frisbee in honor of National Dog Fighting Awareness Day. Isn't my dog-in-law Bella a great model?! :)