Sunday, December 28, 2014

More Mischief with Riley & #AlpoDogBiscuits

Disclaimer:  I was afforded this opportunity because I am part of the BlogPaws Professional Blogger Network.  The Alpo dog biscuits were provided by Nestle Purina.  Second Chances only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers.  The opinions in this post are my own.  I received Alpo Wholesome Dog Biscuits to review in order to write this post.  I am not being compensated in any other form for helping spread the word about Alpo Wholesome Dog Biscuits.  Alpo/Purina is not responsible for the content of this article.

Let's get one thing out of the way first:  Riley doesn't like biscuits.

He is something of a treat snob - he will happily gobble down homemade goodies, rawhide bones, and soft, meaty treats.  However, when it comes to biscuits, Riley will usually turn his nose up and walk away to look for something more to his liking.  I was desperate to find a healthier treat that he actually seemed to enjoy.

When I read about Alpo's new Wholesome Biscuits, I was intrigued.  Several things about the product sold me on it:

- The Wholesome Biscuits come in a variety of sizes to suit every dog's needs.
- They contain 23 vitamins and minerals. (!!)
- They also contain calcium to build strong bones and teeth (an absolute necessity when it comes to my senior dog!)
- They are brand new and available now!


The calcium was the real selling point for me - Riley is 8 years old and already showing signs of slowing down.  The more I can do to strengthen his teeth and bones, the better!  Though I was a bit worried that Riley might not enjoy the dog biscuits, I figured we'd give them a shot.

Needless to say, Riley was super excited to find treats under the Christmas tree!

Here's the good news:  He loves the biscuits!

We use treats in a variety of ways around here - as rewards, bribes (yes, I'm that dog parent), boredom-busters, to encourage tricks or games, and to get Riley to pose for a photo.  Riley is a very food-motivated pup - what dog isn't?! - and it's also very difficult to say no to his adorable face.  So let's just say that the bag of Wholesome Biscuits is close to being empty already.

Riley doing a Sit/Shake for a biscuit

And here's the not-so-good news...

Hmm, I wonder who could have torn open the corner of the bag while we were at work!?

This isn't the first time Riley has gotten himself into trouble due to his love of treats.  I was thankful he didn't manage to polish off the whole bag this time - you get a lot of biscuits for the price, and there's no way his little tummy could've handled them all at once!   

Check out all the swag Riley got for Christmas! Here you can see the actual size of the "small" size biscuits - perfect for Riley!

All in all, this little piggy gives Alpo Wholesome Biscuits 4 paws way, way up!  For more information about Alpo and their products, please visit Alpo's website or Facebook page.




14 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all!

    Have to get my Human to check them out!

    Happy New Year!
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Mom said she didn't know Alpo was still around. I guess it used to be real big, but she hadn't heard of it in years. Glad you like the biscuits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hadn't either! I think they're making a comeback ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice job with the review! Sometimes is hard to restrain ourselves when there are yummy things in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you don't need to tell me - Riley's not the only one with a weakness for treats ;) There's a bag of peanut butter cups in the kitchen calling my name right now! :D

      Delete
  4. They sure sound tasty to us. Good job
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great mini series "the biscuit bandit" I really enjoyed this story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL, he really is a little thief! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  6. Aww, Riley is such a sweetheart. I did a review on these biscuits too, and my Jakes loves them as well. I enjoyed your post and all your pictures! Job well done. Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanne! I will head on over right now to check out your review! :)

      Delete
  7. These treats look and sound yummy! I love this picture of you in the last photo! Hope you had a great Christmas and hope nothing but the best this New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely think you would like them, Spencer :) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  8. What a great review and wonderful story to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete