Monday, September 7, 2015

5 Things to Tell a Spouse who Hates Your Pet

Meet Khan.


Khan is a mature Himalayan mix located at the Ames Animal Shelter in Iowa.  He's got beautiful eyes, a laid-back personality, and a heart condition that requires a very special home. 


Khan is also a ginormous ball of fur!  I don't think I've ever seen so much cat!  But it's mostly fluff :)  Who wouldn't want this giant hunk of man-cat love in their life?!

Well...the people who surrendered him to the shelter.  That's who.

Khan was dearly loved by a woman at one time...but unfortunately for him, the woman's husband hated Khan.  Hated.  But he tolerated him, at least until a new baby came along.  Then it was off to the shelter for Khan.  Husband's orders.

So this leads me to today's lesson:  5 Things to Tell a Spouse who Hates Your Pet.

1.  So long!
2.  Farewell!
3.  Auf wiedersehen!
4.  Goodbye!
5.  ...See ya! (I ran out of Sound of Music lyrics.)

Yes, this is tongue-in-cheek, and I am not actually suggesting that you file for divorce.  But if I was still single and dating, my motto would definitely be "Love me, love my pet."  :)  What's your opinion?

If you're interested in adopting Khan, please click the link at the top of the page to contact the Ames Animal Shelter.


13 comments:

  1. I soooooo agree!!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. I feel sorry for that woman's child. Growing up with a mother with no backbone and a father with no heart. Shared Khan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husband can be so cruel. I know cause I have an ex. I kept the cats and dog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Khan! He is such a beautiful mancat. I agree with your assessment of how a spouse who doesn't like cats should be treated. I'm thankful that my husband loves cats as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hubby would have to go! Sharing Khan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping Khan gets a family that loves him all the way around this time. I believe in you, big guy!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that's terrible that she did that, but also terrible for him to hate a cat so much that he'd actually let her give him up. Hoping he finds a wonderful and forever home soon, with someone whose not a moron. Just sayin - he looks awesome and I couldn't imagine giving up on him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, sorry to hear this, but there's usually more to the story. Who knows what the problem really was. Maybe the cat was just causing too much stress for this particular family for whatever reason and it's for the best that he gets a new home. I hope he finds a better situation very soon. Beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - that's harsh! Poor kitty :( we really hope he gets a lovely home soon.

    1 - 5 are totally great and here's a couple more....

    6. There's the door, use it and leave your keys on the way out
    7. Don't like cats - I don't like you
    8. If it's you or the cat - I choose the cat

    Purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pets and make them your friend I read the blog of yours There are new as well as crucial points about the Dog Daycare Vista services which will be all covered up in the piece. Dogs are the best and the loyal pet that is Dog Boarding Encinitas being owned by Dog Boarding Oceanside many pet lovers around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images
    aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
    We also provide yahoo and hotline customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to contact us:
    Yahoo Mail Help Phone Number
    Hotmail Mail Help Phone Number

    ReplyDelete