Riley's birthday was last week...my goofy guy turned 8 years old! We celebrated last Tuesday with a Pupcake and some yummy peanut butter treats from the Three Dog Bakery. Riley has been in our life for about a year and half now, and, to be quite honest, he seems older than just 8. Though that has more to do with his immense laziness and less to do with his overall health - thank goodness! Riley, of course, had no idea what we were making such a fuss about, but it's always fun to celebrate a pet's birthday!
"Can I eat it now, Dad? Can I?"
Last weekend's auction of puppy mill dogs was something of a success! Last week, I posted about how hard it was to be just one person in the world of animal rescue - a huge puppy mill in Iowa was shut down, and the dogs were all to be auctioned off in Missouri...mostly likely to more breeders. Well, thanks to some amazing rescues and their generous supporters, around 85 percent of the dogs at the auction were purchased by rescues! This is huge, and I am so amazed at the extent these organizations went to, especially considering the long trip and big expense.
Kelsie from the wonderful It's Dog or Nothing blog has awarded my blog the Shine On Award! A huge THANK YOU goes out to Kelsie, and I encourage you all to visit her blog! Now it's time for me to tell you the rules: Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you, acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back, share 7 random facts about yourself, and nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On award, provide a link to their blog in your post, and notify them on their blog! So here are my 7 random facts:
1. I majored in psychology in college, and I have yet to do ANYTHING with that degree.
2. I am a great big nerd, and I can kick my husband's butt at old-school Super Mario Bros. :)
3. I average about a book a day...a mixture of too much free time and supreme geekiness.
4. My greatest phobia is vomit. Watching it, hearing it, smelling it. I am, like, abnormally afraid of throwing up. (Dog vom, by the way, is totally okay with me. It's the human variety I fear!)
5. I let my dog kiss me on the mouth and I am not ashamed!
6. Before volunteering and working in a shelter, I was pretty afraid of pit bulls. (Oh, the shame!) Once I actually spent time with them, though, I learned that they're nothing but big ol' goofballs!
7. I have an invisible illness that causes me to faint without much warning...however, it's been over six months since my last "episode"!
And here are the bloggers I nominate who I'd love to learn more about; check them out - they're all great!:
Visit these blogs and spread the love! <3 Thanks again, Kelsie!