Sunday, August 2, 2015

Cyber Sunday: Links I Love

We have really been having an awesome few weeks!  After purchasing our first home, Jared and I have been having fun making plans for each room.  My job as a library director is incredibly fulfilling, and my little pet sitting side business is picking up like crazy!  (You can like my Facebook page here - I share lots of cute dog photos!  :)  Jen DeHaan of Dogthusiast designed my cover photo, isn't she awesome?!)

And for your Black & White Sunday viewing pleasure, here is a sneak peek of the transport we did today!  I will be posting more about it later this week :)


And these are the links I loved most in July:

Kol's Notes always has delicious-looking recipes for your pup, and this cheese ice cream recipe is no exception!  Looks pretty simple too, and such a great idea for the summer months.

I LOVE this blog, and this post brought me to tears.  Jake has had a bit of a rough time adjusting after the death of his big brother Melvin, but this post is all about why his mama will never give up on him <3

It's always nice to read posts about shelter animals that are uplifting rather than depressing.  Talent Hounds recently shared this wonderful roundup of shelter dogs who make a difference.  Click on over and smile!

This craft kit for kids is a very cute take on paper dolls - paper dogs and clothes to dress them up in!  I have a feeling my niece would love this :)

This dog bed is not in my budget, but I am so in love!  It's covered in words - one of my favorite quotes from the Velveteen Rabbit:  "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily or have sharp edges or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."   Beautiful!  Jared is loving this baseball mitt dog bed from the Martha Stewart line at PetSmart.  I have to agree - it's pretty darn adorable!  We saw it in the store today but can't find it on the site. :(

Buzzfeed posted an awesome roundup of books about animals...they missed my personal favorite (Cowboy & Wills by Monica Holloway), but there's TONS of great reads on the list.

HeARTs Speak is an organization of artists doing good for shelter animals; they just put out a guide to photographing shelter dogs that looks super helpful!  I'm not very good at photography, but it's definitely something I would like to work on - I'd love to photograph adoptable pets!

Is this hilarious or what?!  Dogster recently featured the work of illustrator Josh Lynch; my personal favorite was this Pug/Spiderman!  So funny :)

2 comments:

  1. How cool that you're helping out with transport! And that bed is pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Transports are definitely one of my favorite things of all time :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete