9. A nice warm bath on a chilly day. Or maybe he merely tolerates the baths...he's happiest afterward, when he does joyful zoomies and shakes water everywhere.
8. Mama. I am okay with admitting that I'm second best in Riley's eyes - or, in this case, 8th best. He shows his affection toward me only in private, when Jared has gone to work and no one is in the house to see him snuggle up in my lap.
7. Fuzzy blankets, especially the faux-fur one at the foot of the bed. Blankets for snuggling under when it's cold. Blankets for digging in to build the perfect "nest". Blankets to soil with saliva and little bits of treats. All the blankets!
6. Plush toys that squeak. Bonus points if they have noses or eyes that can be torn off! Or, even better, material that's easily ripped apart so as to get to the enticing stuffing inside!
Riley and his latest "victim"
5. Walks, glorious walks! In Riley's opinion, we are terribly negligent when it comes to walks. He can never get enough!
4. Curling up in his kennel. Riley actually loves his kennel; it's not a punishment when we make him go in - he actually seems to see it as a reward. He goes in there voluntarily quite often and drags a beloved toy in with him. It's pretty adorable :)
3. Long, luxurious naps. Our boy can nap with the best of 'em. He especially enjoys it when one of stays home from work sick, so he can have some company while he's curled up on the bed.
Riley and I on a sick day
2. Treats, preferably soft and meat-flavored. He could take or leave the biscuits - what a treat snob! :)
1. Daddy. Such a Daddy's boy, our Riley...and the feeling is definitely mutual!
"I love my daddy, guys."
And what are we thankful for? Well, other than Riley, of course...Jared claims to be most thankful for family, video games, and baseball. (Typical dude response, right?) As for me, there are far too many things to list, but a few things that I absolutely would not be able to live without are family, books, and dogs. And my BlogPaws pals, duh! ;)
What are you (and your pet) thankful for this year?
I'm joining Kitty Cat Chronicles, Cascadian Nomads, Oz the Terrier, Loved by a Collie, and many more in the #ShareGratitude Blog Hop! Click the link above for more great blogs!