Tuesday, April 29, 2014

National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day: Wordless Wednesday

(Pardon the demon-ish light in Riley's eyes - he is not possessed, just a bad angle + flash :) )
(You can also purchase this adorable little pillow right here!)

Today (Wednesday, April 30) is National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day...There is really no better place than a shelter to find your forever friend.  I know you probably have had it pounded into your head by now, but there are millions of dogs and cats euthanized in shelters each year - something like one every ten seconds.  You can change lives by adopting a pet from a shelter.  And not just the animal's life - it will change your life, too!  I promise :)

xoxochelsea

8 comments:

  1. Great post!

    I adopted my cat Athena from my local shelter and it's the best thing I ever did.

    And she rescued me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your darling Riley. We lost our darling Cokie the Cat after 19 years, a rescue from the Burbank Animal Shelter, and are just beginning to look for a new rescue kitty... Soon. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful photo - I love your cushion too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are firm believers in rescues. We currently have seven. (And all the pets that came before, too, came from shelters or rescue organizations.)

    --Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a house full of rescue animals and I wouldn't have it any other way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy National Adopt A Shelter Pet Day! I've raised 7 dogs and 5 cats and every one of them was a rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of my 5 kitties are rescues. They are the best :) Thanks for spreading the word and helping to save lives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for rescuing and participating in Adopt A Shelter Pet Day! <3

    ReplyDelete